The ESCAPE project (Funded by End Violence Against Children) represents INHOPE's vision to put an eco-system in place ensuring that every industry stakeholder and each member of the public around the globe has the option and awareness to report child sexual abuse material (CSAM) encountered online.
The outcomes of the project:
- National organisations will be equipped with knowledge and skills to operate a CSAM hotline.
- Frontline workers - hotline analysts, law enforcement and hosting providers - will be given the skills, tools and appropriate support to collaboratively remove CSAM from the internet and identify victims.
- Hosting providers (private sector), hotlines and national Law Enforcement Agencies will follow clearly defined collaboration procedures leading to swift removal of nationally hosted CSAM.
- Children and adolescents will be made aware of the CSAM hotline.
- Hotlines will become key players in the fight against online CSAM by national stakeholders
- Hotline staff will be provided with the tools to develop communication strategies.
- Hotline analysts in newly established hotlines will contribute to the swift processing of CSAM reports through the use of ReportBox.
- Hotline analysts of the INHOPE network will use automated tools connecting their IT platforms that improve efficiencies and reduce exposure to known CSAM reports.
- Law enforcement agents will be provided access to more complete intelligence of CSAM reports from the INHOPE Network.